Monday 26 November 2012

Easy Street - Step 1 complete

This is my first ever blog post and I am delighted that it is for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt - Easy Street.

I debated back and forth whether or not to take part in this mystery and when I saw that there was a blow out sale at one of my favourite on-line quilt shops the decision was made for me.  I went through my fat quarters, yardage and scraps to see what I had of each colour and then ordered the balance which arrived early on Thursday last - just in time to start.

I made a decision early last week that as I was off on Friday I would begin sewing as soon as I could get a chance to download Step 1 and so I did.  I am very proud to say I have step one finished.  My grey is a good bit darker than Bonnie's selection but everybody's quilt is going to be different anyway.

STEP 1 - Complete


My colour choices!


To view the details of Bonnie's mystery and all of her other fabulous work please see this link to the Quiltville website HERE

I hope I have done things correctly and this is posted okay.  I will learn as I go along - I hope!

12 comments:

  1. Your colors and blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting a new blog. And your colors look great. I debated for days about the grey that I was going to use. I settled on one that is lighter, but I like the look of your dark grey. Keep up the good work.

    Cheryl in Friendsville

    www.katydidart.net
    katydidart60@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you figured out the blog! Your colors are really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi some very nice bright coloured fabrics - it's fantastic to see how all those different fabrics come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabrics...and I have been contemplating joining in...of course that would mean I need to find some fabric quickly and get sewing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new blog! I have a new one, too. I really love your color choices. Such a good variety of black and whites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking blog. Good job. I went out on Saturday and purchased a darker grey more like yours. It will be interesting to see how much alike/different our quilts are in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your zesty lime greens look gorgeous and I love your grey 4-patches. Welcome to blogland. I started my blog only a week or so ago after a few years hiatus. I love looking at everyone's progress on the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kind comments everyone. It is really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new blog - it's lookin great - as are your blocks - and you're not alone - my 'grey' is really black in disguise! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ann, well done on the new blog, I'm a big Bonnie Hunter fan and Irish too. Would love to do the mystery quilt however I've three blocks of the week on the go so will keep each step for a future date! Best of luck with this quilt, looking forward to seeing your version! Naomi

    ReplyDelete