Wednesday 19 December 2012

Country Cottage Quilt for Mags

Here are some photos of a quilt I have been frantically trying to finish in time to send to my sister Margaret in time for Christmas.  

The quilt pattern was a Block of the Month called Country Cottage from the Limerick Quilt Centre.  I loved the colours when I saw them and thought they would be very suitable for my sister.  I have worked on this quilt in conjunction with the wedding quilt shown in a recent post.  Both of these quilts now reside in Co.  Galway with Mother and Daughter.

Because of the time spent on this one recently I haven't been able to get any work done on Easy Street and also because of the time of year.  I hope to get some of step 3 or 4 done this evening.
A close up of one of the blocks and the quilting design.  I did free motion quilting on my domestic machine.  I traced the patterns for the nine blocks onto 'bank' paper and stitched over them.  I also traced the design for the outer border onto paper.  The remainder were done freehand.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Close up of another block and it's quilting design.  I tried to stick to all floral designs.

And another.  I used three different designs on the blocks.

And another!!
And finally the finished quilt.  I am delighted with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment